Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

What are the types of hooks in wordpress?

► has_action()
    ► add_action()
    ► do_action()
    ► do_action_ref_array()
    ► did_action()
    ► remove_action()
    ► remove_all_actions()

Member #
    Actions, Filters

Member #
    A Hook is a place where you can add your own code or change what WordPress is doing or outputting by default. There are two types of hooks exist in WordPress: actions and filters.
    An Action in WordPress is a hook that is triggered at specific time when WordPress is running and lets you take an action. This can include things like creating a widget when WordPress is initializing or sending a Tweet when someone publishes a post.
    A Filter in WordPress allows you get and modify WordPress data before it is sent to the database or the browser. Some examples of filters would include customizing how excerpts are displayed or adding some custom code to the end of a blog post.
    Read this article for more information.

Member #
    In WordPress theme, Hooks are functions that can be applied to an Action or a Filter. Actions and Filters in WordPress are functions that can be modified by theme and plugin developers to change the default WordPress functionality.

Functions used to modify Actions/Filters in WordPress can be hooked into WordPress. However, it is important to note that actions and filters are not the same thing. Actions are functions performed when a certain event occurs in WordPress. Filters allow you to modify certain functions. Arguments used to hook both filters and actions look the same. But they are different in functionality and how they behave.

Member #
    Very helpful thread here, I have to say! I like Worpdress a lot, and it is great that I can get some tips from you guys. I am making a website for me using the themes from https://www.templatemonster.com/cate...dpress-themes/ What do you think about it? Which templates do you like for making websites?

Member #
    Hi

There are two types of hooks exist in WordPress: actions and filters.
    An Action in WordPress is a hook that is triggered at a specific time when WordPress is running and lets you take an action.
    A Filter in WordPress allows you get and modify WordPress data before it is sent to the database or the browser.

Thanks.

Remove Ads