Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Do you need an all-in-one website builder if you are a professional web developer?

I know that for a lot of advanced developers, building a website on wordpress, weebly etc. doesn't count as a real web development, and there are lots of limitation in those web builders. I'm not sure if any website building company also use some website builders or CMS to build website for their customers? Or they all build from scratch by coding and using the traditional way?
    Our team is developing a professional website builder currently, and we thought if we can build something that meets website building companies and professional web developers need, maybe we can help them as Wordpress helps a lot of non-foundation users. So here comes the question, as a website building company or a professional web developer, if there is a professional all-in-one website development system, what kind of function do you need most? Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    No. All website builders create bloated code, especially CMS systems, Wordpress being among the worst. Even though CMS systems make it faster and easier to build a site some of us hate using them.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    No. All website builders create bloated code, especially CMS systems, Wordpress being among the worst. Even though CMS systems make it faster and easier to build a site some of us hate using them.
    I think you don’t need it if you are a good developer. But using it, you can build website faster.

Member #
    Depends on what your client needs. For a simple website, without specific features, a CMS is a good choice.

Me and my team of developers, work with Exai. They have this partner program that you can also earn from and allow you to make changes in the HTML for the items you wish. So for easier and quicker solution I suggest CMS, any of the advanced ones.
    Last edited by monika.123; Mar 01st, 2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: wrong link

Remove Ads