Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: Help with HTML

Member #

Help with HTML

Hi,

My first post on here so please be nice. I am self taught in web design and still have a heap to learn and one thing is HTML.

I am looking for some advice about HTML when using Wix website builder.

When doing a SEO check on my website it says there is no H1 or H2 headings and no keywords in the Meta-Title / description. I have done my page headings in H1 and others in H2 etc. One thing I did think is that Google wont use "keywords" when ranking sites so why is it a problem not having them in the "Meta-Title / Description" or should there be Keywords?

Would it be worth doing my own HTML H1 & H2 titles and remove the headings that Wix website builder use?

I am really stumped so any help would be great.

Cheers

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletePC View Post
    Hi,

My first post on here so please be nice. I am self taught in web design and still have a heap to learn and one thing is HTML.

I am looking for some advice about HTML when using Wix website builder.

When doing a SEO check on my website it says there is no H1 or H2 headings and no keywords in the Meta-Title / description. I have done my page headings in H1 and others in H2 etc. One thing I did think is that Google wont use "keywords" when ranking sites so why is it a problem not having them in the "Meta-Title / Description" or should there be Keywords?

Would it be worth doing my own HTML H1 & H2 titles and remove the headings that Wix website builder use?

I am really stumped so any help would be great.

Cheers
    If you're serious about getting into web design, get as far away from things like Wix, Weebly, and any other builder or WYSIWYG editors. They are doing you no favors. They only limit your learning and your options to actually do things.

You need to learn how to code things from scratch. At the bare minimum you should know HTML, Css, Javascript. No way around it. If interested you can (read: probably should) get into server side languages and databases as well.
    delstu and khenney like this.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    If you really want to learn web design, as Vapr says, things like Wix will not help you at all. You will need to learn HTML, CSS, and javascript at a minimum, and probably PHP. If you want to learn Web Development (recommended since web design is a very competitive field) you will need a few more things after you learn the aforementioned.

You also mention keywords. You should use your pages keyword in the title and description at the very least. A keyword meta-tag is not required as search engines ignore them but keywords on your pages still have a minor influence with the search engines so you should be using keywords for each page you create in order to focus on your page topic.
    khenney likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    If you're serious about getting into web design, get as far away from things like Wix, Weebly, and any other builder or WYSIWYG editors.
    I'll second this. I know it's not what you're looking to hear, but I think you'll find it's nearly impossible to get any sort of useful answer to your question here, since no one knowledgeable spends any time with Wix or it's ilk.

If you're dead set on using Wix, you'll probably have a better chance of getting an answer on their forums: https://www.wix.com/support/html5/ti...eatured&page=1

But I hope you'll consider moving away from tools like Wix. You'll be happier and more productive in the long run, and you'll find people around here are pretty helpful for those who want to learn the right way of doing things.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    ahhhhmmm
    before I jump into giving you some advice,
    it would be great if you can tell us what kind of website you were building using wix.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    H1 and H2 are important for google to determine what your website is about. Having exact match keywords in them isn't necessary - it is an outdated concept. But having variations, synonyms or the keyword itself is important for Google to understand your website, as you would like understand it.

Remove Ads