Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No right-click

ASP
    Member #
    Firebird also has the 'page info' under the tools menu. Clicking on the media tab brings up all the pictures on the page, which I can save to my machine at will.

ASP
    Member #
    Originally posted by mafunk
    No right click may be useless on smarty-pants like you guys, but it works well for on the average web visitor. My artist clients insist on using it. It makes them feel good, and most people aren't smart enough, or motivated enough to over-ride it.
    The average web visitor isn't the one to be afraid of. The people I'd be afraid of are the people who know what they're doing and can get around this in seconds.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Originally posted by mafunk
    No right click may be useless on smarty-pants like you guys...
    Pants? I don't even wear pants.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    The question is WHY? - There appears to be no good reason for prevent right clicking except to provide a bit of protection from images being copied. I have never understood why online banking sites disable it and some sites go as far as not even serving you the page if you have JavaScript disabled.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Copyright is the only issue I can think of, both for code and for images. In the case of the banks, many of their sites have rather complex JScripts that they don't even want you to find and the only way in which they can prevent this from occurring (according to the multi-million-dollar bank CEOs who manage to accomplish so much despite their heads being inserted deeply up their backsides) is to disable right-clicking.

So yeah. Don't do it. Just say no to right-clicking. Yeah. That'll solve everything.

Seriously, if they didn't want people to right-click, why did they even give us a right mouse button in the first place?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    If these CEO's are so concerned about source code then they should keep their scripts server side - that way no amount of right clicking will allow customers to see it.

I also think in a lot of cases is comes down to control and power. We all know how companies like Microsoft like to control the way their customers use their computers and it seems fitting that they have also created a web browser that lets the web author gain complete control over the way a viewer sees and interacts with the page.

Unfortunatly, this means that web designers who have pea sized brains only make pages for Internet Explorer and a novice user who dares to use a different web browser cannot for the life of them use it becuase in the past they have had their hands held through the whole process by JScripts.

The only people to come out of this laughing are Microsoft, becuase in the end they intimidate both web designers and web users into designing for and using Internet Explorer.

Member #
    Another way to view the code and sites like that is to click both the right and left mouse button at the same time . . .
    Don't do that if you are using Opera though . . . then you end up somewhere over the rainbow (or in a page adjacent to the one you are in . .)
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hahaha this really is stupid. If someone wants to "take" the image I think that even 10 year old kids will do it with a bit of help from some friends or whatever. If you like javascript pop-ups go in this site http://noend.hit.bg (it's in BG language)

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yo, if you want an even BETTER no right click script, you can use this one (attatched).

Its does the same effect (stops right clicking) but doesnt throw an annoying, cheesy alert box. it just "returns false" (does nothing). check out www.tekp.com/tekp_collective/index.html and right click for the effect.

^_^
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    whoops, forgot to attatch it! lol, sorry
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads