Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: No right-click

Member #
    It doesn't work either on Opera. And I think that when a page has that, it's a cheap site.

Member #
    Firefox ignores that

Member #
    While I understand that some artists want the right-click disabled for "security" reasons, it's pretty short-sighted. The internet is still somewhat of a wide open field. I know a lot of people who (a) resent the implication that they're thieves and (b) click out of there as fast as they can (usually muttering something profane about the web page) and never come back. So, I guess the bottom line is that for very little real security, you stand to irritate a lot of potential clients. Frankly, I prefer to provide security by (a) using graphics that are large enough to see online but too small for anything else and (b) using Photoshop's watermark capability (which, for small graphics just ain't worth the hassle to try to undo.)

Disable the right-click? No, it's not worth it.

My two cents...

jbt

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Artists shouldn't be worried of people copying web site content. If they want to sell something, they need to show it. They only lose their art if they put up full size versions of their images on the site. Images for artists should be small enough so that they can't be wallpaper, but large enough to view the work.

I guess you are all out of excuses unless you find another reason to have the noobish no-right click.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    You'd never seen this bit of script before? Meh...

Member #
    or just get a mac. u dont have a choice. only got one button!

Member #
    Why did you bump a year(s) old thread? Flash stuff can also be decompiled (as evidenced by most of the stolen content on ebaumsworld). A saved page will still execute JS, although you might get the local script warning in IE.

Member #
    Isn't there a way to hold down the left click while right clicking or something to throw it off too?
    Who invented milk........ and what the heck were they doing to that poor cow?!!

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Depends on what's blocking right click. Ultimately it doesn't matter, as your web browser is able to read the code, and you can just check out the cache, or save the page and check the code out that way.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads