Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi

I am completely new to mySql, and as I am doing a website for a friend, I kindly request some help..

This is the problem:

The website uses the AjFork (forked cutenews) script to manage news and other content. My friend is a composer who needs a easy to manage db of his written music, and many of the pieces of music belongs to different categories (multiple categories for each of them..) This is a problem, as AjFork does not support multiple categories.

I was wondering if the following could be done:

Add an article to a e.g. "music" category in AjFork. Note the url to this article. Add this url into a sql db, where you also check which categories it belongs to.

Could you then in a php file make some kind of include function, to include the url's of a specific category?

If someone could help post some simple coding for how this could be achieved, then I would be truly thankful.

Tell me if thers a simpler way to do it as well..

Regards

Remove Ads