Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I want to create multiple dynamic list boxes on the same page and i want to make the list boxes
    dependant. My list boxes are Vehicle make, Vehicle model and Vehicle spec. What i would like my webpage to do is this:
    On selecting the Vehicle make from the first list box i would like it to only show the relevant Vehicle models for the Vehicle make that has been selected. On selecting the Vehicle model from the next list box i would like it to only show the relevant Vehicle Specs for the Vehicle model that has been selected. The fourth and final list box is Job type and this is not a dependant list box. I have tried some PHP examples but i am used to using dreamweaver and would prefer something that i can base around this. For example creating the list boxes in dreamweaver and having possibly javascript or php based around this. If anybody could provide me with a basic example of this or point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
    Thanks in advance for any help given!!!!

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You would need to use a combination of Javascript (XmlHttpRequest, is it?) and PHP. The javascript would cater for dynamically changing the list boxes and would link to a PHP script that contains the database queries.

I'd look on google for AJAX dynamic list boxes, or something similar.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, you could also do it in straight Javascript if you put all that information on the page to begin with. I have done that before.

Remove Ads