Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Cat
    Member #
    Hello everyone! I'm wondering if it's possible to make PHP pagination without using MySQL? I've read a lot of tutorials, but they give a PHP file with a MySQL script and I've no idea what to do with the file. Someone said I'll need to upload the images (I want to paginate) to a MySQL database, but the problem is - I don't know how to do that.

So, is there a way to paginate my pages without MySQL? Like in CuteNews? CuteNews don't require MySQL and they are paginated.

Thanks!

Member #
    What are you pagination? What is the data that you are dividing onto different pages?

If you get the data from a mysql database, it makes sense to use mysql to cycle through the pages.

Cat
    Member #
    Thanks for the reply! I don't store my images in a batabase, I just have them in a folder on my server.This is the page I want to add the pagination to: http://rock-kitty.net/nature_png.php

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Are the files named in a way that would lend itself to the pagination? i.e., do they have a number at the beginning of the filename? If so, it shouldn't be too hard. If not, things might get more complicated.

Cat
    Member #
    Not all of them. I'm using fclick though, so the url of the image is i.e. fclick/fclick.php?68

Remove Ads