Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    There's PL/PHP too. With languages like that, just think of the possibilities: you could abstract all of your business logic and processes right into the database so your actual web app does little more than dispatch events and render views.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That confuses the hell out of me, but it must be cool.

I tried installing PostgreSQL t'other day, but gave up because it looks quite painful to set up on OS X. I'm one of those guys who prefers compiling from source to installing a binary package.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I should clarify after thinking about this for a bit: I think it's idiotic, but it's really freaking cool. I like my programs to run in the programming world, and my queries to run in the query/database world. They each belong where they belong. There's no reason the database should have anything to do with my representation of it in my application, be it as objects at the business level or as links at the view level. 99.9999999% of the time, I think this is way overkill. If you're binding your app and the database this closely, what you probably want is SQLite

Remove Ads