Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: mysql

Member #
    hi all,

ive finally decided to go ahead and learn php with mysql. so here what i want to do:
    as i learn most things better by setting my self a project i want to design a mini site a bit like www.autotrader.co.uk i want to have the cars so thay can be searched and so forth but not with all the other stuff does anyone have advice, tips scripts or anything that might help me?
    i just want to do it with a few cars to start as i said this is just so i can learn how to do it. i also want to be able to search through liek they do on www.autotrader.co.uk if possible.
    your help is appreciated!!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My advice is to start your project by writing it out on a piece of paper. Think about the structure of your project. Then, go through some simple php/mysql tutorials somewher eon the web (www.webmonkey.com has a few etc). Then try it out.. and remember that www.php.net and www.mysql.com have AMAZING support for their product. Search for what you're doign and you'd be suprised how much documentation there is on just one little function...
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads