Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I run a Joomla 1.5 site and want to create another website with a different domain name and a different front end, linked to my joomla db. Anyone know how to do this?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Hey Kevin! I would think that you could just hook into the same database from two disparate web apps. You could probably very easily make the templates based upon the domain name you're calling from (maybe 1 table hack and 1 page hack), but even simpler than that would be to have the same template name in the two different sites with two different looks. Do you get where I'm coning from? Like, have your two sites, both running a template called "My Template", and in site 1 it looks one way, and in site 2, you completely modify it to look different. That wouldn't require any hacks.

Now, if you want different content, too, you should consider just going with 2 totally separate installations.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    By the way, registered 4.5 years without making a post?? That's gotta be a record!

Member #
    if the database is localhost only and he wants to install the new domain on a new server then he may need to add the new server's ip address to the database server to allow access

Remove Ads