Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: index error

Member #
    I'm runnin' apache2.2 on xp pro. trying to figure out why in hell i'm getting the messege below whenever i try to access a directory with an index.htm, index.html or index.php file in it! Can anyone offer any insite?

Code:
    'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    "C:\Program Files\foo\bar\index.html" has a space in it, which is being recognized by Apache as "execute this file or command (C:\Program) with the options following the space.

try "C:\Progra~1\foo\bar\index.html" (for file system access) or "C:\Program%20Files\foo\bar\index.html" (for web access) instead

Member #
    yes, but im calling it via localhost. In other words. the file is in C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs

but my DocumentRoot is pointed there, so I just call it up by puttin "localhost" in and that's when i get the error...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    point your DocumentRoot to:

C:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Apache~1/htdocs

Member #
    beyond the fact that I just realized i put this in the wrong forum! heh... i tried what you said bud, restarted the service but it wouldn't start. So I went back, changed it to normal, it started up no problem, and then I tried:

C:\Program%20Files\Apache%20Software%20Foundation\ Apache2.2\htdocs

same thing though... ther apache service wouldn't start. I restarted my pc and it still wouldn't start. I reverted it back to normal with the spaces it and the service kicked in automagically!

The error remains:

Code:
    'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Remove Ads