Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello again all I seem to be having some trouble with this small data entry on a test site. You may visit the site @ http://charlesharvey52.110mb.com/order.html. When I try to submit a request to"order" a product (this is a fake business obviously) it brings up my actual request page as you can see for yourself if you try to submit anything, rather than actually putting the submitted info into my database. Please lend a helping hand if you know what the problem may be. Thanks a bunch!

Member #
    Hello.

This could be due to your webhost not supporting ASP. I am only guessing that that is the case, but like you said, the processing code is just being displayed and not processed.

However, from viewing your code I can access the nwconx.inc file and I can see your database connection values. Not a good idea. I would suggest putting them in an ASP Variable in an ASP file but not right now, seeong as your ASP is being displayed in the browser.

Perhaps try creating a test asp page such as
    Code:
    <%
      Response.Write("Hello WDF")
    %>
    And see if that is processed.

Member #
    You are right. I have tried through the hosting service and it shows what you have seen. When I try through my IIS, I get this permission error:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6c0 Thread 0x150 DBC 0x13d8084 Jet'

So I think is knows what it is suppose to do, but I need to allow access somewhere? I tried troubleshooting it, and have had no such luck. Any ideas where I allow access on my computer?

Remove Ads