Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi all.

I'm trying to uninstall a wordpress blog completely, to reinstall it again.

I've searched everywhere for uninstallation tutorials and wouldve thought thered be a few more, but i did find this one:

http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-...-wordpress-245

Im going for this:

Approach 1 (Full Clean Uninstall)

1. Delete all your WordPress files and folders from the site (usually from your ‘public_html’ directory).
    2. Delete the WordPress database user and table (usual through ‘cPanel’ control panel if your site has ‘cPanel’)
    3. Now Install WordPress from the beginning like you did the first time and you are done (How to install WordPress).

But i dont have a clue what the guy is talking about when he says delete the WordPress database user and table.

I am dealing with phpMyAdmin, not cpanel, and I've never really dealt with Sql databases at all before.

Can anyone tell me how to find the "user and table" for Wordpress and delete them?

The wordpress database is called wp_reach, do i start there? And Is it simply a case of deleting everything inside the wp_reach section, because it also contains things that have names starting with dap (Digital Access Pass) aswell as with wp (for wordpress).

I think the DAP stuff can be replaced and added again if theres no way around moving it.

Ive tried to look but found no real guidance here, and the trouble is im a bit worried about just clicking around randomly because every post/article i have found has warned us newbies away from Sql databases.

this is where i am:

1) logged into phpmyadmin and clicked "Databases" in the left column of main window.

2) i found 'wp_reach' (wordpress database) and clicked it

3) I found 'wp_users' and clicked the little browse button (second button in from the left on same row as 'wp_users')

I got to this screen in my attachment (Picture-1). ive highlighted the 'breadcrumb' at the top of the page to show how i got there. Im not sure if i just need to delete this row of data maybe?

Im also worried about the following warning which appears at bottom of screen on the 'home page' of phpmyadmin:

"The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using a multibyte charset. Without the mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results."

Thanks for the help in advance

Emma
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    okay an update to this - i removed the whole database, and a new one and new user and password has been created and the new tables from the latest version of wordpress added.

when i did the backup all i got was one .sql file. does anyone know how i put only those tables not associated with wordpress back in?

im not sure how to either upload the whole thing someplace so i can delete the old wp files without overwriting the new ones ive put there, or how to just extract and add the other tables that need to be put back where they were! can anyone help?

Remove Ads