Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Alright. Hey everyone.

I'm using Simple Machines Forums and Wordpress Blog.

I want my users to be able to register only once - to either the forums or the blog - and be able to log in to the other with the same account without having to re-register.

How can I go about doing this?
    Oh, and I already made MySQL databases for each and installed each on their own. Is it possible for me to do what I'm looking for and mix the databases after they've already been made?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What you could try to do is modify the registration code to post the registration info to the other side's registration after the current registration is complete, or you can simply create your own registration page and merge the registration processes into 1 page. You'd just have to simply put a redirect into the existing registration pages to prevent users from registering for one and not the other. I think the hardest part would be tracking sessions. You'd probably have to modify a lot of code to merge the user login validation (aka have the user logged into both systems at once.

this appears to be the easy way:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...chines-bridge/
    it doesn't appear straight-forward, but it may get you started. It looks like it just replicates users, and tries to keep the databases in sync.

Member #
    Thank you for your answer, I will see if this helps

Member #
    Ok, so that plug-in messed up my blog to where I had to reinstall it.

Any other ideas?

Remove Ads