Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    I am trying to figure out this world of PHP and MySQL... So i am v new to thinking in terms of Databases and stuff... So am stuck with how to proceed... Please Help....

This is what I want to create for Photographer friend.
    He should be able to create a password for each of his clients and upload all their pics to be viewed as a slideshow.
    Clients should be able to login with a password (created by the photographer) and see the photos taken.
    I need to make it all in a v user friendly manner for the photographer and his clients. He isnt interested in clients being able to pick pics and print etc... Just for them to see all the pics taken after the photo shoot in a slideshow format

Now this is how far i have gotten with my plan of action :

1.Create a DataBase to hold the userid pwds, photos etc...

2.Create a Registration form for the Admin to create userid and pwds. And also later delete them. Upload all the 50+ pics

2.Create a Login page for the clients to log in using php etc.. ( This login page will be a separate page in their website..)

Now this is where I have no idea how to proceed..
    How do I make the uploaded photos of each client into a slideshow with thumbnails?
    Am I proceeding in the rt direction or is there a better way to do this?
    I hope I have provided enuf information from my end...

Thanks in advance...
    Sharsimroy

Member #
    There's quite a bit to that so it would be difficult to fully explain everything, but here's an idea of how I would do something like this:

Your Database Structure:
    table users:
    user_id
    username
    password

table photos
    photo_id
    photo_location
    user_id (the id of the user to which this photo belongs)

Pages:
    Login
    if user is admin, send to dashboard
    if user is client, send to photos page

Dashboard Pages
    admin panel for users to add/edit/delete users with a link to add photos for them to see
    add/edit User form
    add/delete photos form

Photos Page
    Grab a jquery (my library of choice) slideshow/gallery plugin and select all of the photos from the user that is logged in and display them.

Member #
    Jeah you should definately do a dashboard-like idea, that's the way to go.
    For front-end I would indeed grab a jQuery of equivalent for displaying the images. Just be sure that people can login with a fairly secured process, and that you use OOP for speed optimalisation.

Remove Ads