Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have limited knowledge of databases, which will be clear if it isn't already.

I am trying to guage the viability of this option before investing the time. Please tell me if you think this is a viable solution, or impossible (or somewhere in between).

I want to start with all of the listings generated by a google map search for a keyword within a given area. Since google will be always revising and undating this data, my solution will have to always begin with the current verison of the google map.

In addition to this base data I want to be able to add my own map markers/links to some of the locations that google maps has listed. These links will open a profile page containing additional information on that location.

These profile pages will be user generated content, likely to be managed by a database.

Google maps does allow you to create your own map, but it does not seem like you can base your map on a keyword search.

Is there a way to "dynamically(?)" import this base data to my own google map?

Remove Ads