Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Alright so I have a site for a client and they would like a member login area where if a student of theirs want to add some information about them such as:

add a photo, provide their name, name of school, school class (e.g. freshman, sophomore etc.), height, weight, GPA, stats, official test scores (e.g. ACT/SAT), speed (40yd dash time), bench press max...

So once they have logged in they can input this info themselves and view and edit their info

Basically something like the attached screenshot.. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You need to use session variables to differentiate the users and provide user-sensitive information. You create the login form as a normal html form but submit the values to a page that can determine the user and take them to a page where they are shown their own information based on their credentials. You would want an edit page that they can go in and change their information, so you would create an html form that submits the information to itself and then use PHP to save the values to variables that can then be entered into the database. To show the values on the profile page, you would query the database using the username as a way to find the necessary information and then display it using variables.

This type of website requires a moderate level of understanding with PHP and MySQL (or any other database format). I'm sure there are management systems that can do all of this for you, so perhaps researching that would be most beneficial. As for code and other help, it's too much for any of us to truly help you. I can really only help with the logic of what you'll need, but if you are wanting to build this you will have to do the research for yourself.

It's a neat idea, though.
    Check out some of my work: http://www.jr-webdesigns.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What Jeffrey said on all fronts.

Alternatively, ASP.net/ASP and SQL Server/Access could do it. But again, that's a project of a pretty large scope with a lot of little details to worry about. So you'll either have to get through most of those yourself or hire a programmer. Doing it yourself is always the best option, though...knowledge is power.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    what everyone has indicated is correct. If you want to build it yourself than i would STRONGLY suggest going PHP route. If you are strapped on time you can look for a pre-built CMS site and take what you want from it. This is a site i have seen used in the past that will fit what you are wanting: Here

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    http://php-login-script.com/ this might help you further

Remove Ads