Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Guys

I'm in the process of updating an old site and I desperately need some help.

Customer completes a series of form which end up in an Access Database and then they are transferred through to PayPal for payment processing.

In the updated version when the customer returns there is a final form which they can printout. There appear to be two ways to accomplish this.

[1] Using cookies, the data can be stored in a cookie file (which deletes within 24 hours) or

[2] The database method where they complete a form which asks name and zipcode and they are then redirected to a final form which has the data transferred from the database.

Option [1] has problems as many users disable cookies or restrict there storage, option [2] overcomes these as the database in on the server.

But not being a database expert, does anyone one have any ideas on where I can download scripts to do what I want?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Use session variables to store the users ( or records unique ID )..... as long as the user has a browser open... or until you kill the session key... it will be available for you to pull the record back out of the DB...

as soon as they close the broswer... the session is killed... and they can't ( back into the form )...

if it's a printable form.... you can open the page... pull the record... set the session variable to NULL value... and call the window.print() API that most browsers will recognize... once they leave the page... they can no longer access the page...

Remove Ads