Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ok, you are a master if you can answer this...

this is my checklist

1.) i want my website to allow clients to create a username and password, then setup their infomation (company, address, etc.) and i want to be able to view all of the clients that sign up.

2.) my website sells a service, and 1 service only. so there only needs to be a checkout via paypal for 1 item only. or the option to be billed and pay in person at my office.

3.) i will send them a picture to their email to confirm their service has been confirmed so they can see we visited their property, this is pretty straight forward though i think i can mange that.

4.) i plan on using wordpress as i can make a great looking site and its simple and fast.

so what do you all think of this, can you help me find solutions to any of these questions?

i greatly appreciate the time and knowledge that you contribute!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    1.) i want my website to allow clients to create a username and password, then setup their information (company, address, etc.) and i want to be able to view all of the clients that sign up.
    1.) if you're using WP you can make it easy for users to register - make a page called "Register". Add the plugin Contact Form 7. Edit the contact form to include the fields you want (name, company, address, e-mail), and make them required. Add the shortcode to the "Register" page. This will allow them to register, if they choose to do so. the information will come to you via e-mail, and you can then put it into a spreadsheet or whatever you like.

2.) my website sells a service, and 1 service only. so there only needs to be a checkout via paypal for 1 item only. or the option to be billed and pay in person at my office.
    2.) make a "Buy now" or similarly titled page, and add the PayPal setup to it, as well a some text telling them your address, business hours, and alternative methods of payment. (go to PayPal's site - they have very clear instructions on how to integrate their payment option with your site.)
    3.) i will send them a picture to their email to confirm their service has been confirmed so they can see we visited their property, this is pretty straight forward though i think i can mange that.
    3.) autoresponder of some kind.

4.) i plan on using wordpress as i can make a great looking site and its simple and fast.
    Word of warning - if you're going to use WP to accept payments, do a good bit of research into beefing up the security of your site. (use the capcha feature on CF7, and read here for more. I use many of these techniques and have so far never been hacked on any of the WP sites I have developed (knock on wood).
    awkword likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    hey thanks alphamare, thats a great idea i really appreciate it.

i never even thought of using the contact form 7 for filing out their details. good thinking!

now about question 1. what if they are a returning customer, how would i integrate some sort of login for them so they wouldn't have to repeat the whole process of entering all their details again?

what would be the best way that clients would have an "account" with the site they can just make a login and password. and maybe have an email auto response saying "thanks for signing up for our site, click here to confirm" basically like the same thing i did for signing up for this forum.

the end result would be, the person enters the site. can either do a one time thing or make an account.

i want to essentially mirror this site:
    Code:
    http://www.empiresigninstallation.com/
    see how they have a page called "order sign" and a page called "account setup"i would like to do the exact same thing as that.

you've been a great help alphamare!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Make a page called "Order Sign" or similar, and put a second Contact Form 7 with different fields. Contact Form 7 lets you make as many forms as you want, it's extremely verstile.

Here are a few examples, all on one site:
    awkword likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    thanks again alphamare! is there a way to make an account setup for the clients so they can make their own login and password? then they can fill out their info so they wont have to keep filling out the form for future orders?

Member #
    hey there,

i'm building a website for my dumpster install service and need help with the following:

1) i will be using a wordpress theme on my domain, i wish to make a user login and profile page for my clients.
    >my site will have a login link and they can login from there and it will go to their profile.

2) i need my clients to make a username and password with an email confirmation link to help prevent spam.
    > once they sign up, i want them to be able to make profile details > name, company, phone, etc. and i want to be able to see all users information from my side. (MySQL)

3) once signed up, they must be able to place an order and see it show up in their profile.
    > later, they should be able to click that purchase and check "uninstall" and that removes that item from their profile, and also sends me an email so i can go and uninstall their dumpster.

Remove Ads