Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok i'm desperately trying to find out how i can mimic this page at IGN.com on my own website.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/143/14345201.html

What I mean is, I need something like this to work on my website. As you can see the page is dedicated to a game, now the site has a page like this dedicated to every game they have written about. Every article that is related to the game gets put on the dedicated page, it's like a profile.

I'm looking for a plugin or something that will give me this capability for my wordpress site.
    IGN.com moved its content to wordpress vip and I cant seem to find anything or anywere that I can get this feature on my site.

It says object in the URL also which is weird.

Cany anyone help or explain how i can get a page like this for each game i write about on my site.
    www.gogaminggiant.com

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    no one?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I work a lot with WordPress, and I think that if you want to get anything remotely like your example, you're going to have to create a child theme at the very least. The example you give is heavily coded in javascript and bears very little resemblance to anything I've ever seen in WP. Your child theme would need a page for a bunch of new functions, and some custom hooks and filters to call them.

You'll also need a bunch of javascript files, and from the looks of the source for your example they're pretty complex - I don't know how you would integrate them into WP as externals, which you would have to do since WP is basically all PHP with most of the content called from external files, or a database.

I wish I had better news for you - maybe you should find a forum dedicated only to WP and ask around there.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads