Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Shopping Cart

Member #
    I am not sure if I am in the right place but I hope so. I am trying to set up a shopping cart. I am using paypal and have downloaded zencart. I don't think it is what I want. I want a cart only. I already have a website. Paypal doesn't give you many options and I want to be able to make it custom and have multiple shipping options. I am starting a new business and am trying to find a way to do it cheap or free. Can anyone please help?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yep...either raise your budget, learn to program, or lower your expectations. Harsh, trite, probably not what you wanted to hear, but true.

Multiple shipping options alone usually requires integration with multiple shipping agents (e.g. UPS, postal service, Federal Express). That alone is hard to find. That, and if your third-party of choice doesn't point to the correct XML server of the shipping agent, your cart will have problems. This happened with VP-ASP a few months back, although the official stance was that that UPS' DNS servers were hacked (the real problem was that VP-ASP was pointing to UPS' test server and none of their customers knew about it...I found out after talking to UPS themselves).

PayPal is also a payment processor. It's not a cart. All it's there for, if used properly, is to take the total and whatever other information you pass it about the customer, process the payment, and send the user back when done. That should solve some of your confusion as well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I was able to find a free shopping cart code with that is easy to install into my site. Does anyone have any coding to add a calculate shipping function to the cart?

Remove Ads