Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok so basically I have made a website that has a login box with a username and password field. I also have a database already setup. To begin with I start up tomcat and whenever I view my jsp pages I have to use localhost:8080/login.jsp for example.

So here is where I need help. I have my login box made in jsp. I need to make another page that the user will not see and it will be responsible for checking the contents typed into the username field and the password field matches a currently existing customer within the database. I have 10 customers within my database, each has an account balance, mortgage and a loan and the values are different for each individual customer. I need to use JSP. If after typing their username and password in it will redirect them to their accounts.jsp page.

Can someone please please help me with this? Some people have told me I need to do some sql queries but we have not been taught the syntax so it's extremely difficult...

The customer table has "account_number" "name" "address" blah blah and "passwd" which within the database is in the form of MD5.

So here is my logic:

<sql:query loginChecker= "select * from customer where customer_number = (something in here) and passwd = (something here)
    </sql:query>

Firstly this doesn't work, but even if it did I don't want to have 10 different query's to check all 10 of my customers, I need a variable reference or something in there?

Sorry for the long winded post but I am trying to explain the best I can so hopefully someone can provided me with a really good solution, i'm running out of time!

Also after the sql statement, what do I type do make it redirect the customer to their accounts page upon successful login?

I really appreciate any help you can give me I have just 3 days before this is due and I've done everything else I just need this login part!!

Remove Ads