Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    basically people will come on my website make and account login in then select my game to buy(digital) then they go to paypal to pay for the game this is where i get stuck

how can i set it up so mysql database updates after the payments be made so they can download it .

because anyone could download the game but people cant play it without authentication from the servers that, that account has brought the software , and have it secure so people cant access the database.

any help would be much appreciated if i have the wrong section apologies thanks for your time!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Pay pal is strictly a payment processor, they don't care what you sell or for how much, you do everything on your site, you send them the dollar amount to charge and you account ID in the pay now button.

That being said, you do have the option to set the return page, once the transaction is complete, but unless pay pal has changed their process in the last year, you don't get an immediate confirmation the the transaction was successful or not...

Other Payne providers have API's jus for this scenario, if the transaction is successful, your visitor is sent to one page, if it fails, you can send then to a different page, and they are setup to allow you to pass some simple variables, so when they send the visitor back to your site, the variable are sent as well do you can update your records accordingly.

Perhaps they have that functionality now, if they do, when they send the visitor back, send them back to a page that will update thier record and then show the link for the download.

I guess I need to log back into pay pal and see what new and improved...

Remove Ads