Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi,its charc's here.i have entered business work contacts and its like there is a repetition of some of the contacts.so i need a software that can detect the existing contacts and reject when similar contacts are fed.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I use the email address as the primary driver in comparison of this kind of data.

Been managing an online customer contact system for one of my clients for about 8 years, every request is fed into a master DB. First I check the email address, since that is the main contact method of my client, if the email address is the same, I check the phone number, then address fields... I never dump any of them, I just flag them as "similar", so that data can be checked / corrected later if need be.

I also check for similarities if any part of the submitted info is the same as what is already in the DB.

How my client knows its similar, a "new record" is created based on "email address", when they view customer info in thier application, it shows the email address... And a "details" link, for each "similar" contact that has ever enter info. They have several customers that have up to 6 different contacts based on either email address, phone number or address or company name.

The only reason I do it this way is because some of their clients are pretty large companies, that have different divisions, and may no necessairly know the other division or section or anyone in them, may contact... And since my company only sets up one "billing account" for each company, this system limits duplicates in their billing system.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'll use something similar myself, except that I usually have some formula where exact matches for certain information are rejected (it's for me, not a client). I usually check for any three of duplicate email, company and contact name, phone number, and either address line 1 and city or zip/postal code. If any three of those match, I consider it a duplicate and kill it.

If you're looking for "software" to do this, you're pretty much on your own. I don't know of any "CRM" solution or anything else that will do that for you.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads