Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Config problems

Member #

Config problems

I'm trying to add a CMS system on my blog - blog.beautybybelle.net by using MiniBlog. I dont know if guys have heard about it. The installation seem simple so I chose it. My host is Dreamhost and everytime I try to connect to my datebase to install miniblog there is an error.

Here:
    Miniblog Installer

When I looked at line 87, it corresponds to my config database name and I know I've put the right log in/etc to connect.
    This is my config.php
    HTML Code:
    <?php
    if(!defined('IN_BLOG'))
    {
    	exit;
    }

$sqlconfig = array();
    $sqlconfig['belle_blog'] = '';			 // database username
    $sqlconfig['0000000'] = '';			 // database password
    $sqlconfig['mysql.beautybybelle.net']     = 'localhost';	 // database host (usually 

localhost)
    $sqlconfig['blog_mysql']   = '';   			 // database name

?>
    This is the line 87 on my install.php
    http://oi59.tinypic.com/2djscxu.jpg

Let me know if you guys need other info regarding this problem and I will be happy to provide it here.
    Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by mischievousx3; Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:50 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I'm going to take a stab here, because I don't know the CMS you're using, but I'm pretty sure you have put your information in the wrong spot. In fact, I'm 98% certain (why 98%? because while I'm pretty certain it's not even possible to do it the other way, idiots will find a way to do something the stupidest way they can find sometimes), and here's why:

$sqlconfig is an array. An array is a variable that contains multiple values. Those values can be accessed either by using an index (a number that represents a position), or as is the case here, a key-value pair. When you use a key-value pair, the key is a static name that usually wouldn't change, and the value is the value that would be stored for that particular key.

When you access or write key-value pairs, you follow the array's name with the key name in square brackets, then assign the value. So, in the code you posted, you're assigning the database information, which should be the value, where you would normally store the key name, and you have assigned an empty string (quotes with nothing between them) to it.

So, I don't know what the original keys were, but let's say for the database username the key was db_username. In that case, the code would look like this for the username:
    PHP Code:
    $sqlconfig['db_username'] = 'belle_blog'
    Side note: you may want to edit your original post to remove your password.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Hi Mischieve. Just wondering here if you were able to figure this out so far?

Remove Ads