Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question where to start with car dealership inventory

Hi first time post! Thanks for the help in advanced!!

So ive done a fair share of web design but not for a while. I just got a job as an internet director of a small car dealership. Short story is that im now in the process of re doing their website and im done with most of the design just im stuck on how to go about learning and or doing the online inventory pages for the cars. I have a CSV file for the inventory i just need to know if anyone has tips on where to start??

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Start here: PHP: str_getcsv - Manual

This will store the contents in an array that you can then loop through and display the results of.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Thanks for the starting point!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    That's great while the page is loading, but PHP will destroy those arrays once the script has run.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I did something like this not to long ago. But to better answer, are you using something like Sql, or like Mongo?

Lets assume its SQL.

First thing I would do is create a table with all the car info, so you can connect a form to it to update, delete alter, etc.
    Second, set up a json file to take and read that DB info. (simple example - php - JSON encode MySQL results - Stack Overflow)
    then load in that via an Ajax call and VIOLA.

Now you have an updateable database, json data that can be used or serverd up for RESTful API, and just a cool lil feature.

Remove Ads