Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

How do I save code in a database and have it spit it back out without changing it?

I am copying code from a site that generates it for me to use as an affiliate to selling items. Sometimes the code gets changed and what I see in the end result isn't what I started with. I'm using php and mysql.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Looks like the problem is with the ampersand.

It is saving it in the database as just & but somehow it is echoing it out as &

How do I fix this?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    What column type are you using to store the urls? Try nvarchar(max) to avoid it from encoding the characters in the url or cutting them short

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Studio87 View Post
    What column type are you using to store the urls? Try nvarchar(max) to avoid it from encoding the characters in the url or cutting them short
    Are you talking about in the database itself or on the web page? It does not give me that option in my database.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Now I have discovered that if I only have a few of these on a page they are fine but when I start having several some start messing up. What could be causing this?

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Are you inputting the url to the database yourself? Or do you have a script populating it?
    Im a little confused to what you have running here

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    This is what the code looks like:

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdH tml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=ss_til&ad_type=pr oduct_link&tracking_id=campscorne-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00OW6MB 6O&asins=B00OW6MB6O&linkId=7WJMSNKLBIG5XLOW&show_b order=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true">
    </iframe>

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    So thats the URL you are using? Im trying to grasp what it is you are doing. You mentioned a database, how are you populating it? And then calling it?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I think have have narrowed down the problem. When I edit it, I have the description in a text area and when I have something like &reg it shows up as so when I save my edit, it changes things like this.

Remove Ads