Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Bought scrips having trouble loading them to domain

I bought scrips for a website I want to create, and I also bought a domain to host this site. I have no clue how to input in to the domain.

I would like to pay someone to do this for me. Anyone interested? I believe once it is up I will be able to edit the text I need using the admin controls on the site. If not I'll learn quick.

Basically I will send someone Scrips (zip file) and would like them to upload it to domain.

email is dsargent09@live.com phone is 713eight2eight3011 need this done ASAP. If no one here can do it who do you recommend?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    A domain name is only that, a domain name. You will need to get yourself a shared hosting account from someone like SectorLink or GoDaddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I am new to the lingo, but have purchased a hosting account and domain. Just need someone to make it work for me. I have contacted a local web designer, and she is taking a look at it but has yet to get back to me with a quote. What I need should be very easy for someone familiar with php hosting. I know nothing about this topic.

I purchased scrips or codes or w/e its called from mygamingladder.com I would like to make a ladder ranking site for a local league. Need someone to make this work or design me something similar to what I have purchased, Willing to pay, but not wanting to spend 1k+ for a site that may not be used much.

Member #
    Purchased a site5 hosting account.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Bought scrips having trouble loading them to domain

Quote Originally Posted by dsargent09 View Post
    I am new to the lingo, but have purchased a hosting account and domain. Just need someone to make it work for me. I have contacted a local web designer, and she is taking a look at it but has yet to get back to me with a quote. What I need should be very easy for someone familiar with php hosting. I know nothing about this topic.

I purchased scrips or codes or w/e its called from mygamingladder.com I would like to make a ladder ranking site for a local league. Need someone to make this work or design me something similar to what I have purchased, Willing to pay, but not wanting to spend 1k+ for a site that may not be used much.
    Ok so you have a domain name, a shared hosting account and som scripts? Do you have a website built or just the downloaded scripts? If you have a site built already I can explain to you where to put all the files. If you only have some downloaded scripts then you are not ready to put anything online yet. Someone will need to build you a website.

So what exactly do you need? Someone to install scripts to an already built page? Someone to build you a site using the scripts you have? Or just someone to get everything onto the server for you?

Edit: looking at the site you bought it from theres an option to pay them to install it for you? Maybe this is a good option for you? It is no where near the $1k you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vapr_Arts; Aug 19th, 2015 at 02:51 PM.

Member #
    They havent responded to anyone since 2007. I have consulted a web designer and this is where I am at the moment.

racingladder.com

Nothing really works, and there are a lot of errors. I think most of which are due to the php being an older version. She has given up. I need someone to look over the coding of the site and possibly update what needs to be updated for it to work correctly and not display errors.

Member #
    Again willing to pay.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's not the PHP that's older. It's the scripts themselves that are your problem; they're designed to work with older versions of PHP. The newer versions will not use the same functions as the older ones, and that's where you get "deprecated" errors.

The broken images are caused by invalid paths to the images. They don't include your domain. Mind you, that could also be side effects of the PHP functionality.

What I would suggest you do before you do anything else is to contact the people who made the scripts and let them know what version of PHP you're running and to update their scripts accordingly.

PHP: phpinfo - Manual

If you create a page using the code in Example 1, that will tell you and the script developer what they need to know. Hopefully it gets resolved that way.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads