Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

sya
    Member #

Question Help for a Newbie!

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site and new to web design so please bear with me! I am not even sure if this is the appropriate place to post my message.

I am looking to build a website that does the following:
    A user is presented with three or four questions and a drop down lists of answers for each question. Based on the user's chosen answers, the user will be prompted to a certain list of responses.
    For example, if one of the questions were to be "are you happy?", if the user would choose "yes" from the drop down list, the user will then be shown a certain response, but if the user chose "no", different responses would be give.

Anyone have any tips on where to begin this process? Are there any website builder tools (such as wix, squarespace, wordpress, etc) that can help me do this? If someone has answer, please explain it to me in simple english as much as possible.

Thank you all in advance! It is much appreicated.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    For the most part, a lot of us will recommend you code this yourself and avoid things like Wix. Wordpress is sort of a grey area on this forum, but I am one of those who try to avoid that as well.

You have a few options if you are willing to code it yourself. If you show you are putting in effort many of us will be more than happy to help you move along. We will however not do it for you.

Before you can begin theres some more information we would need. Such as are the questions randomly chosen? How about the responses?

In other words, if I go to your site will the questions always be the same and in the same order? If I say "no I am not happy" to the same question will I get a different response each time?

Try to give us as much detail as possible. You do not have to reveal everything, but keep in mind the more we know, the more we can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads