Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Web db where to start

Hi, just looking for a little advice. I'm looking to build a web based db with a very user friendly UI; my users don't want to know they're using a db. I want to manage a workflow for a team of about 15 ppl. I want tohave project management tables, business management, vendor and PO management, export to PDF and excel, and upload files to server capability.
    I could do most of that with Access, but I need something web based and collaborative.
    Should I look in the direction of a web app or can I do this with Wordpress and a host service?
    Id like to avoid the pre packaged stuff like knack for budget reasons, and I think I could brush up on SQL and learn a little php or something, but I just don't know where to start. Any advice for someone just starting out? Download a text editor? do I build the back end in sql and the front end in some other program? What does the process look like?
    Thanks in advance

Remove Ads