Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Moving WP site from separate directory to public_html

New to the forum, new to WordPress, first post, here it goes...

Building a new site for work. I have until the end of the month to finish the site and have the DNS transferred over to the new server and site from the old ones.

I have installed WP begun building the new WP site on the new server under an alternate domain name. Due to my noobness, it was not placed in the public_html directory (we originally tried migrating the old site which didn't take and was populating the public_html dir). So now I have to move it from a directory named after our alternate domain over to the public_html directory, of which I have now cleaned out all the failed migration files from the old site. I have been reading up online but only seem to find methods to moving from a sub-directory within the public_html folder, not from a parallel directory. I hope I have explained this for all to understand.

Any help is much appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What help you are looking ?
    One can only help after seeing the server files otherwise it would be messed up more just giving you the instructions
    Hope you understand the situation you are currently hold up

Remove Ads