Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone! I have been creating my first dynamic website, and I have been having trouble getting records in a MySQL databse to update. I have followed this tutorial all the way through, and everything works fine up until the point where i go to test it out. What happens is this: I open up the page that lists all of the possible records that i can update, i then click on the edit link, and it takes me to the page with that particular record displayed. I make the changes that i want, and i click on update records, and it then returns me to the original page (just like it is supposed to). Now when i go to see if the record was updated, it wasnt. I have no idea why it is doing this. The only thing that i could think of was that i didnt put all of the original fields in the edit page (i left off the email one, because i wont need to be editing it). If anyone could help me out with this, i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!!

Member #
    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Member #
    UPDATE table SET column='$_POST[FORM_NAME]' WHERE id='$Id_To_Update'
    If you plan on contacting me, please read this: Legal Terms & Conditions

Member #
    Sorry, a bit confused by that...do i have to add that line, or change something to that, and if so, where would i find it? Thanks so much!!

Member #
    Would it be easier if i posted the whole contents of the page? Thanks again for any help...i really appreciate it!
    -Jonathan

Member #
    bump..

anyone? Thanks!

Remove Ads