Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Hi.

I followed the tutorial on this site, "How to install PHP and MYSQL with Apache".

When I was supposed to install from command (DOS), I used the binary files instead, if you understand what I mean. It seems like I installed PHP with Apache successfully, becasue it says

Apache 1.3 with PHP

or something like that when I starts Apache.exe .

I wanted a forum, so I moved the PHPbb folder to "htdocs". I also downloaded MYSQL 4.0. But I have no idea how to install it.

When I started install.php in the PHPbb folder, and filled in the form, with MYSQL 4X it came this message:

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in c:\program\apache group\apache\htdocs\phpbb2\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in c:\program\apache group\apache\htdocs\phpbb2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in c:\program\apache group\apache\htdocs\phpbb2\db\mysql4.php on line 331
    phpBB : Critical Error 

Could not connect to the database
    When I filled in the form and checked MYSQL 3x it came this message:

Code:
    phpBB : Critical Error 

Could not connect to the database
    If you help me with this problem, and how to install a forum correctly, the dollars is your $$$!

Thanks in advance for answers

Member #
    Actually in order to setup the mySQL just run the sql setup (widnows binary) you downloaded and follow the instructions (a simple mysql.ini is needed, if I remember well)

After installing mySql & PHP, the installation of phpBB will be easy ...
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Member #
    Originally posted by jamal
    I also downloaded MYSQL 4.0. But I have no idea how to install it.
    So...
    Have you installed MySQL or not? If not, than your error messages are quite obvious.
    If you haven't, then check out www.mysql.com more thoroughly. There are pretty elaborate installation instructions to be found. The windows binary is easy to install, with Linux I don't know.

If you have installed it successfully, then check your username, password and host settings in phpBB. If you still haven't made any changes to the user/access permissions of MySQL (you ought to as soon as possible!) then the default user with full GRANT privileges is 'root' without password.
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads