Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: MySQL CC

Member #
    I am very new to MySQL, and thought that if I downloaded the MySQL GUI (the control center) it would make my life a lot easier. Unfortunately, I can't seem to configure it correctly. It tells me I am forbidden from acessing the server, then gives my Username@myip, even though I gave it my Username@the server. Does anyone know what the exact configuration settings should look like, at the end?
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    It has made my life easier. :classic:

I assume you have MySQL CC installed on your local machine. Is the MySQL (the DBMS) installed there as well, or are you trying to access the DB on a remote machine?

If the latter, make sure you've included any prefix (that often get's auto added) in front of your username.
    e.g. If your server login name is "johnsmith" and you've created a MySQL username of "wax", then your username could be "johnsmith_wax@...."

If it's on a remote server (with Control Panel installed), make sure you've configured MySQL to allow access from a specific outside address (if you have a fixed IP at home) or a wildcard (%) to allow connection from any remote machine using that username and password.

If it's on your local machine (or MySQL CC is installed on the same server as MySQL DB), use 'localhost' instead of the IP.

If you want to add users with CC, then remember ControlCenter is a bit shaky with regard to adding/defining users with full grant privileges. You could use the SQL command window to write the SQL yourself:
    grant all privileges on *.* to yourname@host identified by "some_password" with grant option Then press the red exlamation mark in the toolbar (executes the query). If it's on a remote host with CP, then use phpMyAdmin (default install with CP) to do the same.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Oh man, I love you. Works like a charm, thanks a million
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    You're welcome. :classic:
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads