Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey, say I create a MySQL database which I haven't for over a year, and want to put it on my website how do I? My website uses Cpanel so i can use My Admin or whatever that program is but i don't like using that I prefer coding in the monitor. Anyway. Say I create a DB can I save and uplaod it?

Someone please explain how it works lol, i've never understood this.

Member #
    Depending on your version of phpmyadmin or similar, you should be able to export a database and its content into an sql file. On your server you can execute this sql file to install the database? Is this what you mean?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Hey justliv, it's easy-way off Mossoi's WDF forum :P. What I mean is that I create a database on MySQL monitor and want to know how to export a DB.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not sure what "MySQL monitor" is...

If you have an .sql file with your table definitions, the first line of which would be "use <databasename>", you have set up a user with a password and have granted it access to the database, and you have access to shell you should be able to load the file by doing...

mysql -u username -p < myfile.sql

...you then need to type the user's password and you're "rocking"...

Is this the sort of thing you were asking?

Sean

Remove Ads