Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Everyone , New user tot he forums, used them allot to answer questions tho Great resource!

Here is my question
    There used to be Numbered CSS Classes on menu items which i would use to create CSS image Rollovers
    example

Code:
    #nav_region ul li.menu-291 a { /* You USED to  easily use Firebug to determine all these CSS classes. */
        width: 152px; 
        background-image: url(images/nav_inside_up.jpg);
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }
    But for some reason now i cannot see these menu #'s ( li.menu-291 ) all i get is leaf first , leaf, leaf, leaf, leaf last. I need to call each menu item specifically not generally.
    What could have changed this ?. I need to access these classes to customize each individual link.
    This is what i get now when i inspect the page on fire bug

Code:
    <div class="content">
        <ul class="menu">
          <li class="leaf first"></li>
          <li class="leaf"></li>
          <li class="leaf"></li>
          <li class="leaf last"></li>
        </ul>
    </div>
    And this is what i used to see in order to grab the classes and customize each item separately
    Code:
    <div class="content">
        <ul class="links primary-links">
            <li class="menu-319 first"></li>
            <li class="menu-320"></li>
            <li class="menu-321"></li>
            <li class="menu-322 last"></li>
        </ul>
    <div>
    Now if i am using a different admin theme (say garland ) compared to my custom theme i get these numbers, But the CSS wont effect the Menu items when i view the page with my custom theme, and the code doesn't generate these numbers...
    Any help would be great , otherwise ill have to create a menu for EACH INDIVIDUAL menu item in order to effect them separately. and place that menu in the specific region for display. that just seems like a pain .
    Any helps suggestions or better ways to achive the CSS roll overs with images would be appreciated

Remove Ads