Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have been trying to edit the book module so that it can post web comics. I started to make a sample post to test out if it was possible. So far, it is looking good, but I am having a couple of problems that I need help with.

First, here is a copy of the sample web comic http://dapshow.com/hfb so that you know what I am talking about.

OK, so here are the things I need help with...

1. I want to have a banner load over the content of every page, I figured the best way to do this would be to make a block that would only load on hfb and hfb/* pages... the only problem with this is that the banner would load UNDER the content. I was wondering if there would be a way with coding to move the banner so it loads above the rest of the content block.

2. As you can see I changed the navigation links to resemble a normal web comic (<previous, first and last>). This is great, but I would also like to add a last link. I have no idea where to begin with this because there is no defined last child link in the module, and I'm not sure how I would go about doing that.

If anyone could help with either or both of these issues, it would be very awesome.

Member #
    Hi daps,

Are you still needing help regarding your two questions?

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by daps
    I have been trying to edit the book module so that it can post web comics. I started to make a sample post to test out if it was possible. So far, it is looking good, but I am having a couple of problems that I need help with.

First, here is a copy of the sample web comic http://dapshow.com/hfb so that you know what I am talking about.

OK, so here are the things I need help with...

1. I want to have a banner load over the content of every page, I figured the best way to do this would be to make a block that would only load on hfb and hfb/* pages... the only problem with this is that the banner would load UNDER the content. I was wondering if there would be a way with coding to move the banner so it loads above the rest of the content block.

2. As you can see I changed the navigation links to resemble a normal web comic (<previous, first and last>). This is great, but I would also like to add a last link. I have no idea where to begin with this because there is no defined last child link in the module, and I'm not sure how I would go about doing that.

If anyone could help with either or both of these issues, it would be very awesome.
    Josh

Member #
    Yeah. I still haven't quite been able to get it.

Member #
    Hi daps, you're using Drupal correct?

Both of these we should be able to solve. I have test version of drupal setup, I'll see if I can find a quick fix to this for you.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by daps
    Yeah. I still haven't quite been able to get it.
    Josh

Member #
    Thanks a lot. And, yeah, I'm using Drupal.

Remove Ads