Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    OK, this is kind of a specific question, but I've searched high and low and am at my wit's end.

I have built a custom Drupal 6 theme for a web site using this tutorial:

http://www.gomediazine.com/tutorials...-introduction/

It's gotten me 99% of the way to a completed site, but the last thing I'd like to do, which diverges from what's in the tutorial, is replace the text links in my primary nav with custom icons - i.e., I have unique images for each link and want those to appear and be clickable rather than the text. I have Googled to the best of my ability and haven't been able to find a solution for this in Drupal 6. I should also note that I'm a bit of a neophyte when it comes to CSS and PHP, so I kind of need to be hand-held through this process.

If there's any help out there, that'd be fantastic - I've been banging my head against a wall searching for a solution.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Not really suggested to replace a text menu with images - it'll kill your SEO.

However, if you must, you can accomplish this with some PHP.

You'll have to change your menu names in the admin to something like "home.gif" or "about-us.gif", etc.

Then you'll have to go into your template.php file and create a hook to custom-render the primary links menu with images instead of text.

I can't spell it all out for you without doing a lot of work here, but you can research how to create custom hooks and how to access the Drupal menu module by doing some Google searches.

All in all, not a simple project. Wish you luck with it!

Remove Ads