Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    I'm trying to create custom content whose links will reside in the "sidebar last" block of my site. I created a content type called "right nav top content pages" and added that content type to the "sidebar last" block. I also created a taxonomy entry called "right nav content". I can't seem to find anyway to add this content type to the "sidebar last" block.

My aim is to have links such as "About this site", "help", ect, to be displayed below the login section of the sidebar last block and I can't seem to find a way to add this content to this section of my site.

Please help!

Member #
    Well I think I would have to see your site to know exactly what you are trying to do but you may also need to have a different theme to do what you are wanting.

From what I have seen each theme has the ability to control where blocks are located. So the theme like what I am using here: nacl-h2o.ventshop.net Has a left content, top content, right content, bottom content, and 3 footer blocks you would have to move the block in to a particular themes block that is where you need it to be. Also on that site you will notice some links at the top of the page. There is no block there but an automatic theme content area where the "Primary" and "Secondary" links are placed automatically.

Now if something that you want to edit is in the "Navigation" block you will have to add your link in to the menu and not the blocks.

So long story short if you want to change something across multiple themes with little work. Modify the menu's that are already there and put in some primary and secondary links at the top of a page and make sure all the themes are displaying them. If you want a bit more control on the placement you will have to manage the blocks on all of the themes as there are many differences across the themes and what works in one will not translate to another the same.

Member #
    Yes please post a link to what you are talking about so that we can get a better understanding of what you are looking for. Sounds like you just need to create block content and assign it to a block.
    SAW Design

Don't forget to vote for us in the Site of the Month Competition!!

Remove Ads