Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello All!

I have a client that wants to provide customers a way to view his inventory online. He wants a site where users would log in and have access to a table listing product name, brief description, cost and quantity. He wants each of the columns to be sortable as well. This was easy enough to do with cck and views. I just created a table content type and created fields accordingly.

However, what my client also desires is for a way to import his inventory daily through csv file. Once imported he would like the list to only update the current list with new products and/or pricing. He would like all the new entries/changes to be highlighted in red or some other noticeable color.

Importing the a csv file to the new table content type was not a problem, but I am having difficulty of finding a way to develop something on Drupal that would allow me update the list with only new entries and showing those new entries after the import is complete.

Also Importing a csv file with over 2,000 entries can be quite lengthy to do everyday (hence the need to only update with new items), any solutions to a better way to import a csv file? Thanks in advance for all help!

Ricky

Member #
    That is a tough one. Did you use a module to help export to CSV or are you writting code yourself?

If this is a store being done with Ubercart the "Who bought what" module may be able to help you make the list you are looking for but it would probably require some hacking.

Remove Ads