Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Drupal Help

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello, My site is currently ran through Wordpress, and I've honestly wanted to transfer over to Drupal for quite some time. My only hangups is two things.

1. One of the sections of my site is a videos section where I have alot of music videos I've made (and are stored on 4shared because my host doesn't allow audio or video uploads). I can paste the embed code into a page, but it won't play the video right from the site. It opens it up in 4shared but makes the viewer sign in (this is the major hangup with the video issue, because of the chance that a visitor doesn't have a 4shared account)
    - Is there a plugin I can use to get it to play from the site? At the very end I will include a link to one of my videos, played in my WP site just for the point of an example so you can see what I'd like to do

2. My other issue is Migration. This isn't an issue, but more of a question. Is there a way to migrate/transfer my site from WP to Drupal without losing my blog posts & comments? I have no problem readding the pages (although there's well over 100 so that would take a long time, but if it's needed, I can do it. But is there a way where I won't lose my entries and comments?)

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer

This is an example of one of my vids, so that you can see how it's setup and plays within the blog. For the Video issue, this is what I'd like to duplicate in Drupal
    http://before-sunset.org/Ezria/?page_id=41

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I fixed my video problem, now my issue is migrated from WP to Drupal. I have the migration module installed and activated, I just don't know how to us it yet. Any pointers?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I honestly wish I could help you - I know WP fairly well, but have only tried Drupal once, and frankly, ran screaming away...
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks AlphaMare. I ended up scrapping Drupal. One of my site's sections is a collection of music videos I made about TV shows/movies that I enjoy, for mere fun and I have over the years made almost 200 and that was the only problem I wound up having at the end. I could import my blog entries and pages, and even the embed codes for my vids (they're hosted on 4shared since my host doesn't allow video/audio upload) but the page with the video menu somehow, no matter what the links got messed up. They would be in the right order logically, but if you clicked them, the wrong one opened. I was up til 6am yesterday messing with it and got fed up finally and chose to just stick with WP.

I am wanting to revamp a little though and did post in the WP section what I'm hoping to do. This is the thread: http://www.webdesignforums.net/threa...et-help.38629/ If you could help me out, I'd totally be grateful

Remove Ads