Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Unhappy Moving HTML Website to a CMS

Hello,

Me and my friends created a website which was assignment (totally HTML pages 240-250) not it is becoming very hard to edit that.
    That's why I want to move that on any on CMS but I don't know How to do that !!

Need your Help .

Thanks ,
    imhim45

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Without looking at what you have, I would suggest giving Jekyll a look. It's not a CMS in the colloquial sense, it's a static site generator. You use it to build out templates, then create content for those templates. Then, you run a build process and push it up to your server.

Moving to any CMS is going to be a lot of work in the short run for a site that size, but the benefit will be huge in the long term. AFAIK, there's no tool out there that will convert everything for you automatically, though it is possible to create one if you have some programming experience.
    Last edited by Ronald Roe; Aug 12th, 2016 at 07:14 AM.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #

Lightbulb

Hi,

This may not be useful for your case anymore, but for some other users with the same issue I'm sure will be handy.

I suggest taking a look at Exai (Exai Web Builder | Build Your Website). This CMS allows you to transfer your website, either it is totally HTML or is created in any other CMS, you can get exactly the same look of the website. Whilst your website is transfering you still can use your old website. The guys at Exai are very helpful, they fixed my website in 2 days.

Very usefull and I found this when I was looking a CMS to recreate an existing website, so this was even better. It keeps the SEO too.

Hope this helps!

Remove Ads