Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I think it would be a good idea to make the sites code have to validate for qualification.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Not that I am totally against this suggestion because validation weighs extreamly heavily for my vote. But alot of people design sites for different reasons, and at different skill levels. Quite honestly many sites would do better NOT to validate. Validation is not the only factor to consider. It is something to shoot for, but at the present time its impractical to make that a requirement. Ive seen alot of sites that do validated but were really badly done, and ive seen alot of sites that did NOT validate that were very well done. Besides there are plenty sites out there that hold contests or hold showcases exclusivly for standards complient sites.

I view validation as more of a huge bonus on top of an already well designed site.

Member #
    I agree with Glyakk 100% here. For the reasons here stated and aslo because I think validation and web standards bit and bobs is a bit of a awkward area because some are strongly for and some are strongly against. Simple as that. I think it is a little unfair to exclude the people unwilling to change the way they design and work just so they can enter a fun competition.
    Although I am strongly for standards, and think it would be great if one day we were in the position to not have to say your site needs to "validate" because people automatically designed with web standards I don't think that's going to happen for a while yet.
    Your excluding a lot of good designers and meaning we will not get a chance to feast our eyes upon potential ground breaking designs as well. :lick:

Remove Ads