Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So I've been a member here for just about a full day (how cool am I?..lol) and so far, I'm totally diggin' things. The only little issue that's been driving me nuts is the fact the logo is not linked off to the front page.

Now, it being done through CSS is not a problem. Here's all I'd do actually (inline css for simplisity).

Code:
    <a href="http://webdesignforums.net" style="display:block;width:200px;height:50px;position:relative;">&nbsp;</a>
    Basically, we force the link to become a block so we can apply a height and a width to it then position it relative to the page corner (I left off the top/left). Now we have a floating link over the logo and I'll finally have something bigger to click to get me back to the home page..lol.

</rant>
    Juvenall Wilson_______[juvenall@gmail.com]_________________
    Forum Directory - ForumFox.com
    YaBB Project Admin/Former allmusic.com designer

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I do not know how browser-friendly that will be, but I will look into it.

Note that nearly every page should have a link trail back to the home page near the top.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Actually, it's 100% cross-browser. I've been using that for quite some time (in one way or another. Actually, I use <div><a></a></div> and flood the backround of the div with logo). Works great in IE, Mozilla and Opera. :-)

I know that it's crazy picky, though. It's just more of a minor usibility thing.
    Juvenall Wilson_______[juvenall@gmail.com]_________________
    Forum Directory - ForumFox.com
    YaBB Project Admin/Former allmusic.com designer

Remove Ads