Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Its just an idea, it seems like a lot of people come for a review, get it, perhaps post a reply or two in their thread then leave. A few of these come back with a redesign then leave again.

This in my eyes is somewhat backwards as people are getting a service from the forums yet not giving anything back. It always seems to be the same 4-5 people that drop in for reviews.

The solution

Before a person can submit a site to be reviewed make sure the user has already reviewed one or two other sites. This would increase the amount of reviews and perhaps the quality of them.

Furthermore it might even increase user numbers as people are having to stop and use the forums before they get there site reviews.

Implementation

In peoples profiles you have special threads... couldn't you just add another query which counts the number of reply's in the reviews forum. When someone submits a site review request they can be redirected to a page that says...

You need x more reviews before you can submit a site to be reviewed.

Member #
    good suggestion, i'm with you on that:thumbsup:

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    +1 ... I totally agree on that
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    In theory its a good idea, but in reality, you are cutting off users from the beginning.

Making them have to review other sites.. this in turn means their posts need some verification, was the review in depth enough, and so on?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'm forced to agree. While some parts of the site have been restricted until the user has participated in discussions (namely, Site of the Month...which BTW, enter it already: http://www.webdesignforums.net/wdf_sotm.php), restricting access to How's My Site could limit participation in the site overall.

It's unavoidable that some people will simply use How's My Site only for their personal gain, but I believe the majority do not.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    How's my site is used mainly for a learning experience
    ie: someone uses table layout
    1.users discuss problems with the layout or improvements

someone needs some help
    users help them

Post count estimate before entering(if neccessary): 6

That way they have at least been active and didn't come mess anything up
    :laugh:

Remove Ads