Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Dismay...

Member #
    Well, with not other channels available to me to contact you, this appears to be all I have. So, here goes.
    I recently posted in the forum where people can find designers and developers to do work. My post was titled 'Designers and Developers' wanted. I took a lot of time putting that post together so that it was as clear as possibe, and you guys deleted it. I realize there were links in the post, but the three links that were show were for important pages of the site -the home page (which is the face of the business that I'm asking people to join), the showroom (where they'll be showing their works)... Actually, I think had two pointing to the home page. But this was because one link was at the beginning of the post and the other was at the end. What else was I suppose to do. You can ask people to work for you if they can't see you.
    Please reconsider my posting this request in the forum. I'm not putting open contact info in, like e-mails and phone numbers in there. That's how you get spammed. And I've had my fill of it. I'm looking for web designers and developers. Give me a break.
    The Lion.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I deleted the post. The forum has a strict no-advertising policy. This is not a place for people to come get new users for their website with one post then leave and never come back. It's a community of professional web developers helping other professional web developers with web development issues.

That said, plead your case...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    One way to go about doing this, by the way, is making the very same post, but providing a throwaway email address where people can contact you and you can give them the relevant URIs for them to investigate your offer further.

Member #
    I'm almost not sure if this is even worth arguing anymore, being that I posted in a forum here where someone asked about the cost of a project, to which I provided exactly what I'd charge for the project. A 'senior member' bashed my post and then supplied the initial poster with information that was about as outdated as SEO can get, which was actually off-topic with respect to the initial poster's request. But, whatever. For the record, though, I bashed no one when I first posted, though I did defend myself with the second (well enough to have it deleted).

Anyway, brand-new members usually have few posts. If you need more, here's a couple from other forums. They'll show you to what capacity I assist inquiries. But really man, give me a break. If anything, you should keep an eye on your senior members. Just because they've been here a while doesn't mean their providing good information to people who genuinely need it.

webmaster-talk.com/website-design-forum/114549-help-with-linking-in-a-picture.html

webdesignforum.com/showthread.php?t=3781

webdesignforum.com/showthread.php?t=3636

Let me know, or don't... I don't know...
    The Lion.

Member #
    I'd like to apologize for the first half of this post. I confused you with another site where a 'Senior Member' is flaming my post. A new member asked how much it would cost for a particular design, and I was one of a number of people who responded. The 'Senior Member' in question started bashing other posts in an effort to draw attention to his own response. And when I responded (without bashing the guy, mind you), he had the post deleted on me, and left his own posts in tact. Nice forum they have there. This 'Senior Member' was providing information that was entirely incorrect. A single search regarding his assertions pulls up a ton of info against the post. But I'm not the admin there, so what am I suppose to do.

It's tough being at the bottom of a forum. Sometimes 'Newbie' can equal gold, while 'Senior Member' is just a euphamism for 'old news'...

But the rest remains valid...

rgds,
    The Lion.

Member #
    So, is this it? No feedback? What's happening.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Um... Be patient? Since transio is the one who deleted your post, I, at least, am stepping back to let him continue his discussion with you. Meantime, none of us is actually employed as a moderator, and thus we all have... You know... Real lives to go about. He'll get back to you when he has spare time, I promise

And I think you'll find that newbies here do not usually get shunned or discredited in any way. We are very fair about that. However, because of our strict no-spam policy and the fact that you were new, we had no context to judge you in, and I suspect that was a large portion of transio's motivation. I will let him argue his actions himself, however.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lion
    webmaster-talk.com/website-design-forum/114549-help-with-linking-in-a-picture.html
    webdesignforum.com/showthread.php?t=3781
    webdesignforum.com/showthread.php?t=3636
    Let's get something straight. I'm not "bashing" you for being the new guy. I didn't slap your wrist. I didn't ban you or PM you. You didn't even get a warning. I simply enforced the no-advertising rule. Rules are rules. Don't like them? Find a place that has rules you like. There are plenty (you seem to have found quite a few web forums in your day... no one's making you stay here)

Besides, you came in here and posted an ad for your new "resource for web designers" in your first post. I've been in the game long enough to know you're after backlinks to your site for SEO. If not, explain to me how you happened to join up at 3 web design forums inside a week (and apparently posted your link in at least 2 of them)? If you want to be an active member here, you're welcome to participate, but don't insult my intelligence... pick the one community that "fits" you best and participate in it.

PS - Please don't post links to competing forums - it's not in the best interests of this community. (I modded your post for you already to remove them). Thanks.

Remove Ads