Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm curious, has the ownership of these forums switched hands? Or has further development? Or is it a co-ownership and development status between Filburt and smoseley?

As far as I can assume, smoseley is stepping in to help out because, from the last I've heard in the thread about the next version of wdf development, Filburt has been really busy with work related stuff...

So just curious.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yes, smoseley is the current owner of WDF, although obviously I'm still here.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, well I guess I should fill in anyone who's interested. I didn't think it deserved a formal announcement, but I definitely don't want to be clandestine about it... Filburt has, indeed been really busy with his work. So much so, that he decided to pass on the WDF torch. He offered me the opportunity and I took him up on it.

I'm really excited about the opportunity, because I've wanted to run a forum for a long time. When I joined WDF, I was pretty much a forum noob, and I grew to love it. Now, I have lots of ideas that I plan to implement in the future to make WDF even better.

Obviously, I've already moved around and renamed some of the forums. I wanted everything to be easy to understand for our non-native-English-speaking members, and I also wanted SEO-friendly names.

I am also planning a redesign. My art director, Andre, is an amazing artist, and he'll be able to turn WDF into something really spectacular - I won't settle for anything less than the best-looking forum on the Internet!

I've also got some ideas for additions to the forum. For one thing, I would like to create a dedicated section for Articles and Tutorials. I'm still doing some research on the best way to augment the forums with an article system, though. There are a lot of options!

In addition to the above, down the road there will be additional contests, new tools, and eventually, maybe even a completely new forum software (the WDF v6 project) driving WDF.

So here's to the future! :thumbsup: I know I have big shoes to fill... hope I live up to everyone's expectations! :-D

Remove Ads