Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Yaz
    Member #
    I friend of mine is trying to register and he is having some difficulties. After he has entered the info and clicks on 'Register' it redirects him to a page that asks for password and username, when he enters that, it doesnt work... we tried looking to see if he was in the members list and he is not there. I dont know if this is happening with everybody... he tried from different computers, got the same result. I'm coming to think its the name (frastodd) he is choosing. He keeps trying and gets the same result everytime.
    ..:: Yaz ::..

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Personally, I can't figure out why it wouldn't like the name, and I can't find the name either, so the registration never got into the system I think. I'll talk to Filburt about this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Yaz
    Member #
    thanks...

and yeah i cant figure out why it wouldnt like the name neither.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Apparently he never got to the e-mail validation step because the user "frastodd" (or anything containing "frastodd") doesn't exist. Make sure he has cookies on and that they are not being blocked. Users are still successfully registering at WDF, so the problem must be at his end.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Yaz
    Member #
    K, I dont get how it doesnt work. We both checked for the cookies, they are allowed and not blocked. We tried with a different name and same result. It just redirects us to a page that asks for the username ans password. Ohh and we tried on my computer too and we get the same result.

I know the problem probably is at our end, but I dont know where to look. Any suggestions??

This is probably a shot in the dark... I dont know how you designed the site, but we have our computers on a network... maybe its only registering one user per IP address???

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yes, it doesn't allow two users to share an IP. This is designed to prevent multiple registrations.

If you post (or PM me) his e-mail address, I can create an account for him and send him the verification e-mail.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    His account details have been sent.

Remove Ads