Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I have been finding , lately, that I am increasingly irritated by the number of people posting questions they should have googled first, and general laziness and ill manners. It may be that I am just old and grumpy (my daughter votes for this option) or maybe there really are that many clueless people out there who think this is a good way to make a fast buck (BTW -what happened to the reported post from the guy who can make a complete site for 99?)

I've just felt lately that my irritation level has been rising while my interest-in-helping-level has been falling off... That's one reason I'd support a button for "Learned something" - I find myself more and more giving "Like"s in agreement of what's been said, or because something made me laugh, or say internally "so there!", than because the post in question had useful information in it (although a good laugh is always useful).

There are people here who I do learn from often, and I am grateful for that. I need that button.
    So here it is - feel free to take it and use it whenever you like.

learnedSomething.png
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I deleted that post for obvious reasons. I didn't ban the guy because he had been around a while and had seemed to help others, but I did delete the post.

You're right about the laziness factor, however. I don't mind if it's a question where the answer involves say clearing of floats because there's next to no real information or explanations about the fact that it needs to be done, never mind why...but when it's like "what is margin vs. padding?" or "what are the properties of CSS background image", I don't even bother.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hey uhhh can someone explain the <p> </p> tags to me? I just don't get what it does...like...does it mean picture? >_<

Member #
    Liked
    770 times

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 245919
    I think it was sarcasm. How do we not have a tag for that yet?
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 245922
    I think it was sarcasm. How do we not have a tag for that yet?
    I don't know Ron, I see a LOT of stuff like this lately on here... But even simple questions deserve answers and or explanations.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Nah, this guy's being sarcastic. If he knows about regular expressions, I'm pretty sure he like totally knows what the <p> tag is about.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I was indeed being sarcastic, sorry if it threw anyone off.

Anyway, perhaps a subforum dedicated to basic HTML/CSS/etc would be in order help differentiate between basic topics (tags, links, etc) and more advanced/complicated topics (embedding/decoding video, formatting, etc)? Some might argue formatting isn't advanced, but there are enough quirks to it that it can throw us all for a loop at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads